Unfortunately, we have reached the end of this current Chemical Connection project. We would like to thank all of you for welcoming us into your schools, meeting places, centres and cultural institutions - we`ve had a great time. We`d also like to say a huge thanks to EPSRC for providing us with the funding to be able to carry the project out. Please continue to make use of all the resources which we have on the web-site and keep logging in for the quiz.
The School of Chemistry at the University of Edinburgh (where the project is based) offers outreach activities and we would hope to keep in contact. Please contact us if you would like a visit and we`ll see what we can do!
What is the Chemical Connection?
What do you think about Chemistry? Does it seem boring, irrelevant and difficult? Maybe you think that to be a Chemist you have to have glasses and a big beard or a bald head? Well, we`re here to prove you wrong! We will show you how Chemistry affects us all, 24 hours a day and 7 days a week and you can make connections between chemistry and everyday life all over the place!
Chemical Connection is a project funded by the Engineering and Physical Sciences Research Council (EPSRC)to take fun, exciting, chemistry workshops and talks into schools/community groups in areas remote to Universities. Click here to find out more about us!
Do you want to know more about Chemistry and how it affects you? Well, you can find out many interesting things by clicking the link below.
Here`s other things you can do...
- Are we appearing somewhere near you? Find out in the Gig Guide
- Are you a teacher looking for inspiration? Check our experiments that you can try in class
- Check out the videos, poll, Sebastian`s Gallery, Powerpoint Presentations and webcam in the Fun and Games section
- Find out more about the Chemical Connection and the people involved in the "About us" section
- Contact us and invite us to your cultural establishment in the Communicate section. There`s also links to all our friends!
Produced by Chemical Connection Webmaster
School of Chemistry, Joseph Black Building, West Mains Road, Edinburgh, Scotland EH9 3JJ
Tel : +44 (0)131 651 3310 , Fax : +44 (0)131 650 6453
Unless explicitly stated otherwise, all material is copyright © The University of Edinburgh